“QuickU.S. PassportsVisasLegalizationsFormsDefinitions

Lost or Stolen Passport - Children Under 16

U.S. Passport Instructions

For Children under the age of 16 years with a Lost or Stolen Passport

Children's passports obtained when the child was under 16 years old CANNOT be renewed.

Child Who Has Lost Their U.S. Passport

But first, gather your documents.

    First prove your citizenship! You do this by providing one (1) of the following:

    • Certified Birth Certificate from one of the 50 states
    • Naturalization Certificate
    • Certificate of Citizenship
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
    • Citizen Born Abroad Birth Certificate

    Second, you must prove your identity as the parents of this child:

    • Both parent's on the child's Birth Certificate must have Valid Driver 
       License with photo or passport.
    • Child's I.D. (Driver's learner permit or school I.D. if available).
    • Military ID
    • Other State Department approved identification. 
    Third, you must have your child's Social Security Number:
    • Social Security Numbers are required for all citizens on the U.S. Passport application.  

    Parents must bring the child's Social Security Number or proof that an application has been made for the child. The social security card is NOT required, just the number.

    So Far so good! Problem? Remember, if something is not clear, our Online Operator will help you or you may call International Visa Service at 1-800-627-1112 to review the instructions. Fees for service vary depending on processing time. Please call us for a quote.u will need the following items:

Step 1

    Items needed:

    You will need the following items:
    1. Certified Birth Certificate required, even if there is an old passport.
    2. Parent's valid driver license and Child's I.D. such as learners permit or school I.D. (if there is one).
    3. U S. Government form: DS-11 Passport Application.
    4. U S. Government form: DS-64 Lost and Stolen.
    5. Copy of your itinerary or letter from your company.
    6. One (1) passport photo.
    7. Two (2) Client's Letter of Authorization.
    8. IVS Disclaimer
    9. U.S. Government Fee.

    Important information needed to complete the DS-11 Passport Application Online Form:

    An online application with a 2D bar code is required for hand walked applications. This form is free. All form blanks must be completed. In order to insure that your passport is completed in time for your trip your form must include the following information:

    Mail Passport To Section: Should read as follows:

    In care of: Will Call International Visa Service
    316 Hammond Drive NE
    Atlanta, GA 30328

    Permanent Address Section: Permanent address should be your physical home address.

    DS-11Father and Mother Section: Parent’s Birthday—if you do not know your parent’s birthday put unknown in the blank space. You must complete this section even if your parents are deceased.

    Travel Plans Section: You must be traveling within 2 weeks (no visa needs) need or within a month (with visa needs) and have a travel Itinerary to support the answer to this question.

    When you have completed the application click on CREATE FORM button at the bottom of the online application form page. (A link to the form appears later in these instructions).

    The online form will create a Adobe PDF file which will appear in your browser window. A 2D bar code (see photo on right) will appear in the upper left of the form, which will print on this application. This form is free.  

    If there is no bar code on the printed application, your applications will not be accepted.

    Go to Step 2

Step 2: Complete and copy the forms

If one parent is not available, then:
1. Parent who cannot be present can complete DS-3053: Statement of Consent: Issuing a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16 in front of a notary. Download one of the following .PDF forms: DS-3053 (Fillable) orDS-3053 (Non-Fillable).
2. If the parent is deceased a Certified Death Certificate can be submitted.
3. In case of divorce, a parent can submit Certified Divorce Papers which gives them full custody.

Now, complete the following forms:

• DS-11 Passport Application - click here to complete online.
• DS-64 Lost and Stolen Form - click here to download.
• Letter of Authorization - click here to download.
• Explanation of Services - click here to download.
• Personal Information Form - click here to download.
• IVS Disclaimer Form - click here to download

Then return to these instructions to complete the process.

Now, what you must do is:


Complete DS-11. (DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM).


Complete DS-64. (SIGN THIS FORM).


Complete the two (2) Client's Letter of Authorization. Check option 1 and 2. Applicant (or legal guardian) must hand write all information including the name of the company: International Visa Serive d/b/a A Quick Passport and Visa


Complete the Explanation of Services Form.


Write a check (or purchase a money order) to:
U. S. Department Of State. The amount will be for: $140.00.

Please put the applicant's name and date of birth in the top left-hand corner of the check or money order.


$25.00 will be paid to the acceptance agent who seals the application.


Travel itinerary or Business letter.
8. IVS Disclaimer


Make copies of all the items for International Visa Service. 

    Items to be copied:


    Parent's driver's license.


    Applications for U.S. Passport Application (DS-11) and Lost and Stolen Form (DS-64).


    Proof of citizenship (must be certified birth record and old passport if available).


    Travel Itinerary or Business letter from company


    Completed Personal Information Form.

    The copies should be on the OUTSIDE of the SEALED Application Form Envelope.

    DO NOT include the copies or payment to International Visa Service INSIDE the sealed envelope.

    For your convenience here are the links again.

    • DS-11 Passport Application - click here to complete online.
    • DS-64 Lost and Stolen Form - click here to download.
    • Letter of Authorization - click here to download.
    • Explanation of Services - click here to download.
    • Personal Information Form - click here to download.
    • IVS Disclaimer Form - click here to download

    Go to Step 3

Step 3: Going to a U.S. Government Approved Acceptance Agent.

The Acceptance Agent will complete the official process for your passport application. You will sign the application at the appointed agent office as instructed.

First, find nearest Acceptance Agent to you. Click here to locate an office near you.

Both parents and the child must appear in person at the acceptance agent for this process. Unless the form DS 3053 Statement of Consent is filled out, both [parents must be present. 

What happens at the Acceptance Agent's office?

    The Acceptance Agent will:

    • Have both you and your child over 14 and under 16 sign the DS-11 application form.
    • Record information from your driver's license onto the application.
    • Counter sign the application and affix the official stamp, then place the application in an envelope.
    • Seal the envelope and put the official stamps on the outside.
    • Hand the sealed envelope to you, which you will ship to International Visa Service.
    Inside the sealed envelope should be:


    Passport Applications signed and completed with 2D Bar Code (DS-11) and Lost and Stolen Form (DS-64).


    Certified Birth Certificate or expired passport. (Proof of citizenship).


    One original Client Authorization letter.


    One (1) passport photo.


    Check or money order made payable to: The Department of State for $140.

    The envelope SEAL must not be tampered with or broken or the application is considered VOID and you will have to start all over agin.

    Go to the fourth and final Step . . .

Step 4: Shipping your documents to International Visa Service.

    Here is a list of what you need to do next. Use the "Completed" column as a final checklist to make sure all documents are complete and enclosed.

    FedEx package should contain:


    Sealed Envelope for the U.S.Passport Service.


    Copies made for International Visa Service, IVS Disclaimer and one (1) original Client Authorization Letter.


    Personal information form.



    Send the above items via FedEx or other PRIORITY Next Day Service to:

    International Visa Service
    316 Hammond Drive NE
    Atlanta, GA 30328
    Phone: 404-843-0005

    Note: If shipping with UPS, U.S. Postal Service, or any other courier service other than FedEx, please call International Visa Service as instructions for sending package may be different.

    Please call International Visa Service at 1-800-627-1112 with the tracking number on the package. OR fax a copy of your personal information form to 404-566-8558.

Travelex Insurance Services

U.S. Passports | Visas | Legalizations | Forms | Definitions | Site Map | About Us | Directions
Disclaimer | Privacy | FAQs | Contact Us | Links

Subscribe Now—Join our email list and receive travel news, tips, special offers and new services offered by International Visa Service.

* Your Email Address:

* Enter the security code shown:
Share This Page With Others

Travelex Insurance Services